Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Misadventures of Salem Hyde: Spelling Trouble by Frank Cammuso


This was a cute little graphic novel. I read it because my daughter had it and I wanted to see what she was reading for fun. Frankly, for me, it was very reminiscent of Sabrina, the Teen-Aged Witch, but with a younger title character.

Salem is not too popular at school. She wants to show what she can do. When she hears of a spelling contest, she immediately wants to participate. It is only after signing up that she realizes that is for spelling words, not casting magic spells.

Highjinks ensue as misspelled words cause teachers to transform. With Salem trying her best to reverse the curse.

Not recommended for adults or older teens. A toss-up for kids and younger teens. I found it a bit predictible.

No comments:

Post a Comment