Saturday, April 16, 2016

Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman



I have to say that I loved this book. It is a series of monologues from different people involved in creating and maintaining a community garden in Cleveland, Ohio.

Through each short vignette, the story is advanced as the different perspectives of those involved are shared with the listener. This book could have diversity as its core value as each narrator was of a different age, sex, and race--from a young Vietnamese girl to a 78 year old man who spent his life working for social justice to a farmer from Mexico who speaks an Indian language only one person can understand. As this was an audiobook, I especially liked that each monologue was given a unique voice by a different narrator.

It touched me. I recommend it. I want to share it with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment