Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Practical Applications for Multiverse Theory by Noa Gavin and Nick Scott



This is a wild ride! Scott and Davey hate each other. To Davey, Scott is nothing but an unpopular nerd. To Scott, Davey was a stuck-up, mean girl cheerleader. Their scheduled peer mediation is a few days away, but in the meantime, the animosity just grows and grows.

And so does the weirdness. It starts with a soft drink that changes from one to another and back and a soon-to-be-dissected frog begging for its life. It only gets more bizarre from there. Reality is collapsing and the multiverse is converging on their high school. If they don’t figure out what the heck is going on, reality is over.

The authors use a dual narration between Scott and Davey; that really works for me. Seeing the escalating situations from their two very different points of view only makes this more fun. I have to admit to identifying more with Scott. His desire to just get through high school without being noticed is one I felt pretty often back in my own high school days. While Davey just wants all the craziness to stop, Scott tries to figure out exactly what’s happening.


I laughed out loud more than one reading this book. It is great fun. My only problem with the book is the sheer amount of profanity in the book. It doesn’t really bother me as a reader, but it keeps me from putting it in my classroom library. There is a lot of violence, but it is almost cartoonish in its excess. If you don’t mind a lot of salty language, and you do like a lot of laughs, I’d suggest you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment